Thursday, January 13, 2011

Guyra NSW Lamb and Potato Festival

After staying glued to the TV for the last 3 days watching Mother Nature at her worst with the floods in the Lokyer Valley, Ipswich and Brisbane I thank GOD that none of the people I love were not hurt or killed.
I spent a very worried night as Brett and Katrina waited with packed bags in a wakeful vigil in case the water from the Bremmer River in Ipswich rose to engulf their home.  Fortunately they were amongst the lucky ones.
Sadly, Shel and Michael and their family had to move out yesterday from their home in Fig Tree Pocket.  The last look they got of their home was as they were taken away by boat yesterday morning.  This morning the men were going to try to get back and survey the damage.
But still we are among the lucky ones as we have not lost loved ones.
I am concerned about a great uncle and his sons who lives in the Gatton, Lowood, Esk area and I cannot get them on the phone.  I hope they are alright.
My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones and cannot possibly perceive how they are feeling right now.

It is anticipated that a lot of traders will not be making it to the festival due to flooding in the north and of course there will be a lot of travellers who will not be passing through for the same reason but this is a small price to pay in the scheme of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment